The Vacation Options that follow are intended to assist you in tailoring your perfect vacation so that you don’t need to think too hard about what you want. It is by no means a complete list and we stand ready to discuss anything we have not covered. Our Vacation Request Form will help you create your dream vacation, and our Rates will show you how affordable it is!
As a potential guest you will probably fall into one of these categories:
- Experienced sailors who want as much “hands on” participation as possible, and are well versed in all aspects of living aboard a sailing yacht, but would feel more comfortable with a skipper with local knowledge of our Caribbean islands and reefs for safer navigation.
- Experienced sailors who want nothing more than “R & R”. They do not want to concern themselves with sailing the yacht or meal preparation, they just wish to kick back and enjoy. For them, a skipper and hostess/crew is the answer.
- Recent converts to sailing who are seeking to further their experience and knowledge with “hands on” involvement allied to additional tuition and guidance. They will also be looking for a skipper and hostess/crew for help both above and below decks.
- Novice sailors who simply want to know what it's like and are experiencing sailing for the first time! They would definitely need a skipper and hostess/crew.
We offer two options to suit a variety of tastes and budgets:
- Full Board – All meals on board are provided along with a selection of wine, beer, water, and sodas. We do not offer "Haute Cuisine", we offer "Boat Cuisine"! Our bar supplies a limited number of bottles of wine but we have no problem with you supplementing these further. If you prefer premium alcohols, you are more than welcome to bring them along. Any meals taken ashore are not included in our rates.
- Self Catered – You simply send us a provisioning list and we will do our best to fill it prior to you joining the charter, and you pay the actual bill. We do not charge for us to "go shopping"!
- Breakfast – Typically Caribbean with fresh local fruits, yoghurts, fresh bread or croissants, preserves, juice and tea/coffee. Tasty and light enough to kick start your day perfectly.
- Lunch – A light meal, fresh rolls with sliced meats or cheeses from the Deli counter served with salads and fruit – with extra snacks to accompany the meal for the ones with a large appetite! Depending on where we are headed, we may sail through lunch. It is not advisable to cook on board while sailing.
- Supper – Simple ‘home-style’ cooking, using fresh local produce. You could expect Creole Chicken and rice with a selection of ‘provisions’ (fresh vegetables from the island) or maybe a simple pasta dish with a delicious side salad to accompany it. Dessert will be something light & refreshing, possibly a sorbet. We also have an on board barbeque – great for the day when you catch a fish! You will be offered wine to compliment the meal, or your drink of choice!
From our base in Antigua we can comfortably cruise the Leeward Islands. See here for Antigua Destinations
If it is the Windward Islands you wish to explore, then your base will be Grenada. See here for Grenada Destinations
Your choices are many and varied ranging from the BVI's and Anguilla in the northern Leeward Islands to The Grenadines in the south of the Windward Islands. Depending on your chosen charter duration, you have the option of visiting up to twenty different islands during your time with us and to help you choose which offers the most appeal we have put together some island information in our Destinations section, and combined these with realistic time frames in our Vacation Ideas section.
A 5 - 7 day vacation has proved popular with many of our clients. However, your vacation may be as long or as short as you wish. Providing you book for at least 1 night / 2 days, the only limit to how long you are with us will be governed by your time available and budget.
For our suggestions on where you can explore in a given time frame please see our Inter Island Options for Antigua & Grenada