Our YACHTMASTER XPRESS programme offers an unprecedented combination of new skills learning, a high level RYA/MCA qualification, plus a Caribbean sailing and touring adventure that would cost a fortune if you chartered your own skippered yacht.
This program is offered through Second Star Sailing, our partner RYA Training Centre.
Due to demand we have decided to add a few more programs starting in March and November, including an additional all-female one in March of 2023.
The programme is still 16 weeks duration. It is still priced very favourably given what is included. It still offers first class training by RYA Instructors with tons of experience.
So, what has changed?
The early, but essential, parts of the course will still take place around the waters of Antigua and The Leeward Islands. Beautiful sailing grounds in themselves.
The latter part of the previous XPRESS programme took us down to the Windward Islands and St. Vincent and the Grenadines for 4-6 weeks, where the cruising grounds are approved by the RYA as tidal.
These extra weeks will ensure that our students get a wonderful insight into the islands of the Caribbean plus the critical mileage requirement for examination will have been completely fulfilled before the Yachtmaster exam is applied for.
Our YACHTMASTER XPRESS programme includes all the RYA sailing qualifications from novice to Yachtmaster Offshore PLUS several supplementary, non-obligatory courses, that we believe make a complete Yachtmaster Offshore.
The courses are:
- Dinghy Sailing Level 1 +2 (in collaboration with the National Sailing Academy)
- Competent Crew
- Day Skipper Theory
- Day Skipper Practical
- Coastal Skipper Theory
- Coastal Skipper Practical
- SRC (VHF) Radio
- First Aid
- Diesel Engine Maintenance
Add these RYA Training Courses to the weeks of sailing, learning, and experience building around the Caribbean Island Chain, and you will enjoy the ultimate in Caribbean Sailing Adventures. If you get it right, you will also come out of the experience as a RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Offshore.
So, what is included in the course fee?
- Accommodation on board during all practical courses and during all mileage and cruising weeks.
- All course and didactic materials and certificates.
- Safety equipment (although we highly recommend you have your own lifejacket if you are wearing it every day for the whole program…)
- Expert tuition from RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Instructors.
- All customs and immigration dues in all islands.
- Berthing / mooring fees in all islands.
- Free Wi-Fi when at school base.
The next YACHTMASTER XPRESS starts January 2nd, 2022 There is one place left!
If you have a gap year coming up, or are looking for a complete lifestyle and career change, or are preparing yourself for entry into the Super Yacht Industry, this is the course for you!