Students travel from Australia for Yachtmaster “Xpress” course
We welcome Martin & Ashley who will be travelling from Brisbane, Australia next January to join us for our 2018 Yachtmaster “Xpress” package.
We are seeking 2 more students to join them!
The Miramar Sailing School Yachtmaster “Xpress” package is probably one of the most comprehensive “Fast Track” Yachtmaster schemes available.
The package is ideal for:
• Gap year students seeking to acquire additional skills.
• Those seeking a change of direction in their lives with an eye to employment in the lucrative sailing industry.
• Novice sailors who have decided they have the “passion” and want to reach the pinnacle of RYA training quickly.
• Anyone seeking an exciting adventure with the added benefit of acquiring new skills.
The package comprises 2 modules that can be booked individually. Students do not have to do both.
Module 1 – 16 weeks – Training to RYA/MCA Yachtmaster standard to achieve the coveted Yachtmaster qualification. The RYA courses included are:
• Competent Crew
• Day Skipper Theory
• Day Skipper Practical
• Coastal Skipper & Yachtmaster Offshore Theory
• 4 weeks of Mile & Experience Building in the Leeward islands to include Coastal Skipper Practical
• Diesel Engine Maintenance
• First Aid
• Power Boat Level 2
• SRC (VHF)
• 6 weeks of Mile & Experience Building around the Grenadines
• Yachtmaster Preparation Week prior to Yachtmaster exam
Our 2018 Yachtmaster “Xpress” Module 1 starts on Sunday, January 7th and ends on Saturday, April 28th at which point our students should be RYA/MCA Yachtmasters!
Module 2 – 2 weeks – Training to RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Ocean standard to achieve the pinnacle of the RYA Yachtmaster (Sail) Scheme qualification. The courses included are:
• RYA Yachtmaster Ocean Theory
• Miramar Yachtmaster Ocean Preparation
Following this, students will be expected to seek a 600-mile non-stop passage on which they play a major role in passage preparation and take astro navigation sights in readiness for the Yachtmaster Ocean examination.
Module 2 starts on Sunday, April 30th and ends on Thursday, May 10th.
Both Modules include on board accommodation, on course catering and all RYA training materials and certification.