We are delighted to offer “Hawnalea” as the Day Charter member of the Miramar Sailing fleet. She is a 1987 Ted Brewer designed 47ft. Classic Ketch with ample cockpit and deck space for up to 12 guests. She will carry you safely and comfortably on your Day Sail in Antigua. Even the least adventurous of seafarers will not fail to be comfortable and content aboard this superb cruising yacht.
At 47’ long, 13’ wide with a draft of 7′, she offers exciting and fast sailing with sufficiently shallow draft to manoeuvre close in to Antigua’s coral reefs.
She has 2 double cabins, with 2 heads, to provide our guests with private facilities for changing before and after water activities. There is also a fresh water shower on the transom.
For the “sun worshippers” among you there is ample deck space for comfortable relaxation and “ray gathering” while sailing. For those who prefer the shade, all seating in the cockpit is covered by a large, full width bimini and spray dodger. Antigua is in paradise but thankfully we get a little rain once in a while!
For your lunch there is the option of a buffet lunch laid out on board or ashore at a local beach side restaurant. There is also a large barbeque unit on the transom for the occasional grilled fresh fish treat!
Her powerful diesel engine completes the specification of this superb yacht that is guaranteed to uphold our promise of “Miramar Made My Day”.
Safety is paramount on all Miramar Sailing yachts and “Hawnalea” is no exception. She is extensively equipped to meet the recently introduced Small Commercial Vessel Code specifications and surveyed annually by the Antigua Department of Marine Services who issue their formal Passenger Safety Certificate. The equipment is as follows:
- 1 x full set of distress flares.
- 1x first aid kit
- 1 x horseshoe life buoy with automatic night light.
- Full compliment of life jackets
- 3 x ABC Dry Powder fire extinguishers located one in each cabin plus one in the saloon.
- 1 x VHF Transceiver short range radio
- 1 x SSB Transceiver long range radio
- 2 x GPS Receivers
- 1 x wind speed and direction display
- 1 x boat speed and depth display
- Our dinghy and outboard are available at all times for ship to shore transport and safety cover during water activities.