Students have 2 options for this course.
Option 1: 1 day classroom course – with this option your SRC(VHF) Instructor is not eligible to make the assessment for your suitability to be awarded the SRC(VHF) Licence. You may take the assessment after the course at any RYA Recognised Training Centre that is recognised for SRC(VHF) training.
Option 2: Online course – with this option you will be sent a RYA VHF eBook Redemption Voucher and comprehensive instructions on how to login to the course and RYA Books application. These will include information on where to download the application, how to login, and how to download the eBook.
System Requirements: PC – Windows XP or later; Mac – OS X v10.6 or later. You may need to ensure the latest version of Adobe AIR is installed. Mac users will need to temporarily alter their security settings in order to install the app. For more information go to the Apple support pages for OS X 10.7 & 10.8 and 10.9.
Students who opt for the online course may be assessed at Miramar Sailing School for their licence.
Owners of hand held, or fixed, marine radio sets are required by law to hold an operator’s licence.
The SRC(VHF) licence awarded is a pre-requisite for any RYA/MCA Yachtmaster qualification.
If you hold a licence issued pre 1999 you will need to upgrade your qualification if you purchase SRC(VHF) equipment with Digital Selective Calling (DSC) facility
You will need to learn the Phonetic Alphabet before you take this course.
COURSE FEE US$240 both options – Currency Converter
What do you get for this?.
Please compare Miramar Sailing with other schools. We welcome your feedback.
- Open air waterfront classroom with beautiful views across the Antiguan hillside
- Light Lunch
- Use of Fridge Freezer & Gas Cooker
- Free Wi-Fi on school premises
- All relevant RYA course notes and training materials
- Course Completion Certificate
- Top quality training. Read what our past clients think in our Client Reviews
- SRC (VHF) eBook redemption voucher
- Comprehensive logon instructions
- Course Completion Certificate
- Free Wi-Fi on school premises during assessment
- Top quality assessment. Read what our past clients think in our Client Reviews
Discounts / student:
- 5% – 2 students on the same course.
- 7.5% – 3 students on the same course.
- 10% – 4 students, or more, on the same course.
Course Content: See Syllabus.
Classroom Course Schedule: 09:00 – 19:00.
- All year round but usually Fridays and Saturdays subject to prior bookings. We are confident we can offer you what you want, when you want it.
- Reserve your dates.
Consider our 1 or 2 day training courses that will enhance your training and make the most of your time in Antigua. Not only will you maximise the investment in your trip, you will depart with two RYA qualifications instead of one!
If you wish to include any of the following in your package please Contact Us for availability
- Power Boat Level 1
- Power Boat Level 2
- Essential Navigation & Seamanship
- Sailing Skills Level 1
- Basic Skills Level 2
- Start Yachting
- Diesel Engine Maintenance
- First Aid
- International Regulations for the Prevention of Collision at Sea
- RYA VHF Handbook