Email: firstname.lastname@example.org »
Tel: +1 268 723 9343 Call us in Antigua via WhatsApp!
+39 320 223 7822 Call us in Italy via WhatsApp!
To make it easier for you to find the courses and dates you require, we have now added our Current Course Availability page detailing current courses that are on our schedule and available dates when any course can be scheduled for you. Availability is always subject to bookings received.
If the dates you are interested in are not shown please email us for availability of a yacht and instructor and we will set the course up for you.
Many people love the freedom, challenge, and relaxation that cruising on a sailing yacht offers.
For many of these the opportunities to pursue their enjoyment of sailing are limited for several reasons:
- Few are fortunate enough to own their own yacht
- Few have willing friends who do own a yacht but cannot get them out on the water often enough.
- Inclement weather conditions in some regions frequently prevent sailors from putting to sea, even when an opportunity arises.
- The increasing time pressures we are all subjected to that curtail leisure activities.
For those who are serious about their sailing, and the skills acquired at an earlier stage, all of these factors contribute to a lack of practice, and a consequent loss of skill over time.
Our Sailing Skills Clinics aim to address this problem by revisiting previous training and polishing up on skills and confidence to bring them both up to date. Clinics are offered on all practical courses up to Coastal Skipper, however your previous experience will determine which is the correct practical course to join.
Sailing Skills Clinics are offered on both our formal RYA Sailing School Courses through Second Star Sailing Caribbean, or within our Miramar Sailing Training Programmes, to suit any level of previous experience between Competent Crew or Yachtmaster Ocean.
Retaking previous qualifications is not necessarily what is required, regaining knowledge and ability to restore the confidence required to enjoy your sailing is!
COURSE FEE $1200 – Currency Converter
What do you get for this?.
- On board accommodation for the duration of the course.
- On board catering – Sunday lunch through Thursday lunch. Students may eat ashore on 2 nights but are not obligated to do so. All meals taken ashore are for the students account.
- On board Fridge /Freezer
- On board Gas Cooker
- Free Wi-Fi on school premises
- On board Bluetooth music system
- 5 days of sail training in the warm Caribbean waters with the possibility of a circumnavigation of Antigua, or sailing inter-island.
- Top quality training. Read what our past clients think in our Client Reviews
Discounts / student:
- 5% – 2 students on the same course.
- 7.5% – 3 students on the same course.
- 10% – 4 students, or more, on the same course.
Course Content: Generally practising and perfecting the skills that you may have got rusty on.
Course Schedule: 09:00 Sunday – 17:00 Thursday. Live-a-board.
Availability: All year round Sundays to Thursdays.
Consider our 1 or 2 day training courses that will enhance your training and make the most of your time in Antigua. Not only will you maximise the investment in your trip, you will depart with two RYA qualifications instead of one!
If you wish to include any of the following in your package please Email us for availability.
Please visit Bookharbour for the following recommended pre-course study materials:
- International Regulations for the Prevention of Collision at Sea
- RYA Weather Handbook
- RYA Navigation Exercises
- Competent Crew