Tel: +1 (268) 721 3456
The 5 day Competent Crew course is a comprehensive introduction for novice sailors. It will bring you to the point where you will become an effective member of any sailing yacht crew. It is perfect for complete beginners who have decided they wish to pursue sailing on a cruising yacht. No previous experience required and there is no age rule.
This course is ideal for those wishing to progress to skippering. You cannot skipper a yacht unless you know what to expect of your crew, and manage them.
COURSE FEE US$935 – Currency Converter
What do you get for this?.
- On board accommodation for the duration of the course.
- On board catering – Sunday lunch through Thursday lunch. Students may eat ashore on 2 nights but are not obligated to do so. All meals taken ashore are for the students account.
- On board Fridge /Freezer
- On board Gas Cooker
- Free Wi-Fi on school premises
- On board Bluetooth music system
- All relevant RYA course notes and training materials
- RYA Certificate
- 5 days of sail training in the warm Caribbean waters with the possibility of a circumnavigation of Antigua, or sailing inter-island.
- Regular opportunities at lunchtime and evenings, when the yacht is at anchor, for swimming and snorkelling in some of our beautiful bays. Please bring your own snorkelling gear.
- Top quality training. Read what our past clients think in our Client Reviews
Discounts / student:
- 5% – 2 students on the same course.
- 7.5% – 3 students on the same course.
- 10% – 4 students, or more, on the same course.
Course Content: Syllabus Details
Course Schedule: 09:00 Sunday – 17:30 Thursday. Live-a-board.
Availability: All year round Sundays to Thursdays.
Consider our 1 or 2 day training courses that will enhance your training and make the most of your time in Antigua. Not only will you maximise the investment in your trip, you will depart with two RYA qualifications instead of one!
If you wish to include any of the following in your package please Email us for availability.
- Power Boat Level 1
- Power Boat Level 2
- Essential Navigation & Seamanship
- SRC (VHF) Radio
- Diesel Engine Maintenance
- First Aid
- International Regulations for the Prevention of Collision at Sea
- RYA Weather Handbook
- RYA Navigation Exercises
- Competent Crew