The 5 day Competent Crew course is a comprehensive introduction for novice sailors. It will bring you to the point where you will become an effective member of any sailing yacht crew. It is perfect for complete beginners who have decided they wish to pursue sailing. No previous experience required and there is no age rule.
The RYA Competent Crew course is ideal for those wishing to progress to skippering. You cannot skipper a yacht unless you know what to expect of your crew, and manage them.
COURSE FEE US$935 – Currency Converter
What do you get for this?.
Please compare Miramar Sailing with other schools. We welcome your feedback.
- On board accommodation for the duration of the course. A private cabin may be booked. Please enquire
- On board catering – Sunday lunch through Thursday lunch. Students may eat ashore on 2 nights but are not obligated to do so. All meals taken ashore are for the students account.
- Fridge /Freezer
- Gas Cooker
- Free Wi-Fi on school premises
- On Board Bluetooth music system
- All relevant RYA course notes and training materials
- RYA Certificate
- 5 days of sail training in the warm Caribbean waters with the possibility of a circumnavigation of Antigua, or sailing inter-island.
- Top quality training. Read what our past clients think in our Client Reviews
Discounts / student:
- 5% – 2 students on the same course.
- 7.5% – 3 students on the same course.
- 10% – 4 students, or more, on the same course.
Course Content: See Syllabus.
Student/Instructor Ratio: RYA 5/1 maximum allowed. We aim for 4/1 but cannot guarantee.
Course Schedule: 09:00 Sunday – 17:30 Thursday.
- All year round Sundays to Thursdays subject to prior bookings. With 3 yachts and 3 instructors we are confident we can offer you what you want, when you want it.
- Reserve your dates.
Consider our 1 or 2 day training courses that will enhance your training and make the most of your time in Antigua. Not only will you maximise the investment in your trip, you will depart with two RYA qualifications instead of one!
If you wish to include any of the following in your package please Contact Us for availability
- Power Boat Level 1
- Power Boat Level 2
- Essential Navigation & Seamanship
- SRC (VHF) Radio
- Diesel Engine Maintenance
- First Aid
- International Regulations for the Prevention of Collision at Sea
- RYA Weather Handbook
- RYA Navigation Exercises
- Competent Crew