Tel: +1 (268) 721 3456
2018 – July 22nd / August 5th / October 7th / October 14th / December 9th / December 23rd
2019 – February 17th
If the dates you are interested in are not shown please email us for availability of a yacht and instructor and we will set the course up for you.
This is a comprehensive skipper training course and the next grade up from RYA Competent Crew for those who wish to manage a yacht. There is a suggested minimum pre-course experience of 5 days sea time; 100 nm logged and 4 night hours. There is a minimum age of 16 before a certificate can be issued, however, the course my be taken earlier.
Prior to taking this course it is assumed students have knowledge of navigation to Day Skipper Theory and basic sailing ability.
Please Note: From January 2107 the RYA have ruled there will no longer be a distinction between Day Skipper non tidal and tidal.
COURSE FEE US$935 – Currency Converter
What do you get for this?.
- On board accommodation for the duration of the course.
- On board catering – Sunday lunch through Thursday lunch. Students may eat ashore on 2 nights but are not obligated to do so. All meals taken ashore are for the students account.
- On board Fridge /Freezer
- On board Gas Cooker
- Free Wi-Fi on school premises
- On board Bluetooth music system
- All relevant RYA course notes and training materials
- RYA Certificate
- 5 days of sail training in the warm Caribbean waters with the possibility of a circumnavigation of Antigua, or sailing inter-island.
- Regular opportunities at lunchtime and evenings, when the yacht is at anchor, for swimming and snorkelling in some of our beautiful bays. Please bring your own snorkelling gear.
- Top quality training. Read what our past clients think in our Client Reviews
Discounts / student:
- 5% – 2 students on the same course.
- 7.5% – 3 students on the same course.
- 10% – 4 students, or more, on the same course.
Course Content: Syllabus Details
Course Schedule: 09:00 Sunday – 17:30 Thursday. Live-a-board.
Availability: All year round Sundays to Thursdays.
See also Caribbean SCV Boatmaster but please bear in mind Boatmaster is limited to Caribbean countries whereas RYA Qualifications are generally accepted globally.
Consider our 1 or 2 day training courses that will enhance your training and make the most of your time in Antigua. Not only will you maximise the investment in your trip, you will depart with two RYA qualifications instead of one!
If you wish to include any of the following in your package please Email us for availability.
- International Regulations for the Prevention of Collision at Sea
- RYA Weather Handbook
- RYA Navigation Exercises
- Day Skipper Theory
- Day Skipper Practical
- Day Skipper Handbook