5 Day Practical Sailing course
COURSE FEE US$915 – Discounts available for group bookings. See below.
This is a comprehensive skipper training course and the next grade up from RYA Competent Crew for those who wish to manage a yacht. There is a suggested minimum pre-course experience of 5 days sea time; 100 nm logged and 4 night hours. There is a minimum age of 16 before a certificate can be issued, however, the course my be taken earlier.
Prior to taking this course it is assumed students have knowledge of navigation to Day Skipper Theory and basic sailing ability.
Please Note: From January 2107 the RYA have ruled there will no longer be a distinction between Day Skipper non tidal and tidal.
Discounts / student:
- 5% – 2 students on the same course.
- 7.5% – 3 students on the same course.
- 10% – 4 students, or more, on the same course.
Read what our past clients think in our Client Reviews
Course Schedule: 09:00 Sunday – 17:30 Thursday.
Student/Instructor Ratio: 5/1 maximum allowed. We aim for 4/1 but cannot guarantee.
Ability after Course: Able to skipper a small yacht in local waters by day. Eligibility for the International Certificate of Competence (ICC) .
Course Fees: (see above) to include:
- On board accommodation. Add 75% supplement for private cabin when available.
- On board catering – Sunday lunch through Thursday lunch. Students may eat ashore 2 nights a week but are not obligated to do so. All meals taken ashore are for the students account.
- RYA DSPCN Course notes.
- Practical sail training in the warm Caribbean waters with some night sailing and the possibility of a circumnavigation of Antigua.
- Photo ID course completion certificate. Please bring 1 Passport Photo
- All year round Sundays to Thursdays subject to prior bookings. With 3 yachts and 3 instructors we are confident we can offer you what you want, when you want it.
- Reserve your dates.
Consider our 1 or 2 day training courses that will enhance your training and make the most of your time in Antigua. Not only will you maximise the investment in your trip, you will depart with two RYA qualifications instead of one!
If you wish to include any of our 1 or 2 Day Courses in your package please contact us for availability
- International Regulations for the Prevention of Collision at Sea
- RYA Weather Handbook
- RYA Navigation Exercises
- Day Skipper Theory
- Day Skipper Practical
- Day Skipper Handbook