Tel: +1 (268) 721 3456
2018 – July 1st / November 11th
2019 – Please enquire
If the dates you are interested in are not shown please email us for availability of a yacht and instructor and we will set the course up for you.
Once you have completed the initial stages in your training with success in your Competent Crew and Day Skipper Practical, you will be ready to move on to the intermediate level of Coastal Skipper before progressing to the pinnacle of the RYA Training Scheme, Yachtmaster Coastal, Offshore & Ocean.
This is a 6 day course for both Coastal Skipper and Yachtmaster Coastal and Offshore. Once this theory course is completed, candidates are able to progress to either the Coastal Skipper Practical, and achieve a Course Completion Certificate at that level, or move on to acquire Certificates of Competence, awarded for the RYA/MCA Yachtmaster grades.
This intensive course covers a wide range of topics in depth and students will be expected to complete homework exercises after class.
A pre-course minimum experience level of Day Skipper Theory is suggested, as it is assumed you will be capable of navigation to this standard.
Many students have difficulty with some elements of this syllabus. At Miramar Sailing School we have produced some “aide memoires” to help simplify some of the calculations:
- Tidal Height & Stream Calculation Flow Chart to help explain the complexities of the Northern Territories and Southern Peninsula.
- Estimated Position, Dead Reckoning & Course to Steer to help establish position and plan passages using Tidal Vectors.
COURSE FEE US$1,180 – Currency Converter
What do you get for this?.
- Open air waterfront classroom with beautiful views across the Antiguan hillside
- Light lunch each day
- Free Wi-Fi on school premises
- All relevant RYA course notes and loan of training materials
- RYA Certificate
- Top quality training. Read what our past clients think in our Client Reviews
There is an Online option for this course delivered by Navathome. Cost is US$595. Materials delivery charges apply for outside Europe.
Navathome insist that students have achieved the RYA Day Skipper Theory course before they will run this course.
Before opting for the lower cost Online option please consider the considerable benefits of face to face, real time teaching which offers the significant benefit of being able to ask questions and receive immediate answers.
Discounts / student:
- 5% – 2 students on the same course.
- 7.5% – 3 students on the same course.
- 10% – 4 students, or more, on the same course.
Course Content: Syllabus Details
Course Schedule: 09:00 to 17:30 daily.
Ability after Course: You will be considered capable of safely navigating a yacht at sea up to 150nm from a safe haven by day or night.
Availability: All year round Sundays to Fridays.
Consider our 1 or 2 day training courses that will enhance your training and make the most of your time in Antigua. Not only will you maximise the investment in your trip, you will depart with two RYA qualifications instead of one!
If you wish to include any of the following in your package please Email us for availability.
- Power Boat Level 1
- Power Boat Level 2
- Sailing Skills Level 1
- Basic Skills Level 2
- Start Yachting
- SRC (VHF) Radio
- Diesel Engine Maintenance
- First Aid
- International Regulations for the Prevention of Collision at Sea
- RYA Weather Handbook
- RYA Navigation Exercises