COURSE FEE US$895 – Discounts available for group bookings. See below.
Many people love the freedom, challenge, and relaxation that cruising on a sailing yacht offers.
For many of these the opportunities to pursue their enjoyment of sailing are limited for several reasons:
- Few are fortunate enough to own their own yacht
- Few have willing friends who do own a yacht but cannot get them out on the water often enough.
- Inclement weather conditions in some regions frequently prevent sailors from putting to sea, even when an opportunity arises.
- The increasing time pressures we are all subjected to that curtail leisure activities.
For those who are serious about their sailing, and the skills acquired at an earlier stage, all of these factors contribute to a lack of practice, and a consequent loss of skill over time.
Our Sailing Skills Clinics aim to address this problem by revisiting previous training and polishing up on skills and confidence to bring them both up to date.
Sailing Skills Clinics are offered on both our formal RYA Sailing School Courses or within our Miramar Sailing Training Programmes, to suit any level of previous experience between Competent Crew or Yachtmaster Ocean
Retaking previous qualifications is not necessarily what is required, regaining knowledge and ability to restore the confidence required to enjoy your sailing is!
- 5% – 2 students on the same course.
- 7.5% – 3 students on the same course.
- 10% – 4 students on the same course.
Read what our past clients think in our Client Reviews
Course Content: Skills improvement.
Course Schedule: 09:00 Sunday – 17:30 Thursday.
Course Fees: (see above) to include:
- Student Instructor ratio 4:1. RYA maximum allowed 5:1
- On board accommodation for the duration of the course. Add 75% supplement for private cabin when available.
- On board catering – Sunday lunch through Thursday lunch. Students may eat ashore on 2 nights but are not obligated to do so. All meals taken ashore are for the student’s account.
- 5 days of skills honing in the warm Caribbean waters with the possibility of a circumnavigation of Antigua, or sailing inter-island.
- All year round Sundays to Thursdays subject to prior bookings. With 3 yachts and 3 instructors we are confident we can offer you what you want, when you want it.
- Reserve your dates.
Consider our 1 or 2 day training courses that will enhance your training and maximise your investment in your trip.
If you wish to include any of these in your package please contact us for availability
- Power Boat Level 1
- Power Boat Level 2
- Essential Navigation & Seamanship
- SRC (VHF) Radio
- Diesel Engine Maintenance
- First Aid
- International Regulations for the Prevention of Collision at Sea
- RYA Weather Handbook
- RYA Navigation Exercises
Please check our Client Services for Accommodation & Travel information