Tel: +1 (268) 721 3456
Miramar Sailing Ltd, hereinafter referred to as Miramar, is committed to protecting the privacy of our clients and users of our website. We want to provide a safe and secure experience. We will ensure that the information you submit to us via our website or through any of our offices is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
- Any electronic newsletters, bulletins or articles that we send to you may be “commercial communications” in accordance with the Electronic Commerce Regulations 2002.
- Where we provide hypertext links to other sites, we do so for information only. We shall be under no liability arising out of your use of these sites.
No part of these terms is intended to constitute an exclusion of any liability which cannot be excluded under English law.
The Information We Collect and How We Use It
Miramar may, from time to time collect, hold, and process personal information (for the purposes stated below). This may include your name and contact details (together with your email address, telephone number and correspondence address) and other relevant information required for bookings. Miramar will not share this information with 3rd parties or any other party that is not relevant to the services provided by Miramar.
- to provide our services to you and answer your enquiries;
- to maintain our business relationship, whether you are a user of our website, or have booked through us;
- to direct market services to you, advise you of news and updates,
- to enable the development and marketing of other products and services, including sharing information on events and promotions.
There is a facility to unsubscribe from these communications, if required.
Miramar gathers information and statistics collectively about all visitors to our website. For example, which pages users access most frequently, and which events people view the most. We only use such data in the aggregate form. This information helps us determine what is most beneficial for you and how we can continually improve our online services to create a better overall experience for our clients. We may also undertake marketing profiling to help us identify services which may be of interest to you
Your information is treated with the utmost security and will not be sold.
Miramar strives to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, it takes any complaints that are received about this very seriously. Miramar encourages people to bring any concerns to its attention if they think that the collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate.
Disclosure of personal information
Individuals can find out if Miramar holds any personal information on them by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998.
If information is held about you it will:
- give you a description of the information;
- tell you why Miramar is holding it;
- tell you who it may be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
If you wish to make a request to Miramar for any personal information we may hold, you will need to send the request via email.
If you agree and once identification has been confirmed, Miramar will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone.
If Miramar holds information about you, you can ask us to correct any mistakes by, once again contacting us.
Links to other websites
This site contains links to other sites not operated by or on behalf of Miramar. Miramar is not responsible for the privacy practices of such websites and does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the content of such websites.
To unsubscribe send an email to email@example.com detailing the services from which you wish to be unsubscribed.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is created and stored on your web browsing device by a website (or certain functional elements of a website). Only the website (or function) that created the cookie can retrieve or read the contents within it.
- to monitor site visits and understand your usage of the website using Google Analytics;
- for marketing purposes to help us identify which of our products may be most of interest to you
- YouTube (video);
- Twitter (Twitter feed, ‘following’ and sharing options);
- Facebook (‘liking’ and sharing options);
We do not collect any personal information in our cookies, we do not sell any of the information we collect, and we do not disclose the information to third parties (except where required by law – for example, to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
What to do if you don’t want cookies to be set
How can I control cookies?
Please use your browser’s help option to find out how to perform these actions within your browser.
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) is responsible for monitoring and enforcing the EU cookie regulations. The ICO website features a guide to the directive and various aspects of cookies.
Tel: +1 (268) 721 3456