Tel: +1 (268) 721 3456
Yachtmaster Ocean is the pinnacle of the RYA Sail Cruising & Yachtmaster Scheme. In addition to this theory course there are criteria to be met before sitting the RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Ocean examination but, once this is passed, you are considered to be a “Global Sailor” sufficiently qualified to take a yacht anywhere in the world in any conditions.
A pre-course minimum experience level of coastal & offshore sailing is suggested, and it is assumed you have a pre-course experience level of navigation to Coastal Skipper & Yachtmaster Theory
Once you have completed this theory course you may wish to add a further week with us taking our Yachtmaster Ocean Preparation course that puts all the theory into practice with experienced instruction on how to prepare for your non stop ocean passage required for examination.
COURSE FEE US$945 – Currency Converter
What do you get for this?.
- Open air waterfront classroom with beautiful views across the Antiguan hillside
- Light lunch each day
- Free Wi-Fi on school premises
- All relevant RYA course notes and loan of training materials including sextant.
- RYA Certificate
- Top quality training. Read what our past clients think in our Client Reviews
There is an Online option for this course delivered by Navathome. Cost is US$565. Materials delivery charges apply for outside Europe.
Discounts / student:
- 5% – 2 students on the same course.
- 7.5% – 3 students on the same course.
- 10% – 4 students, or more, on the same course.
Course Content: Syllabus Details
Course Schedule: 09:00 to 17:30 daily.
Ability after Course: Thorough knowledge of all theory topics relating to global passage making and astro navigation.
Availability: All year round Sundays to Thursdays.
Consider our 1 or 2 day training courses that will enhance your training and make the most of your time in Antigua. Not only will you maximise the investment in your trip, you will depart with two RYA qualifications instead of one!
If you wish to include any of the following in your package please Email us for availability.
- Power Boat Level 1
- Power Boat Level 2
- Sailing Skills Level 1
- Basic Skills Level 2
- Start Yachting
- SRC (VHF) Radio
- Diesel Engine Maintenance
- First Aid
- International Regulations for the Prevention of Collision at Sea
- RYA Weather Handbook
- RYA Navigation Exercises