Tel: +1 (268) 723 9343
Italy: +39 320 22 378 22
To make it easier for you to find the courses and dates you require, we have now added our Current Course Availability page detailing current courses that are on our schedule and available dates when any course can be scheduled for you. Availability is always subject to bookings received.
If the dates you are interested in are not shown please email us for availability of a yacht and instructor and we will set the course up for you.
This course gives an understanding of radar as an aid to navigation and collision avoidance.
Cruising boats increasingly have radar on board. The International Regulations for the Prevention of Collisions at Sea (IRPCS) require that if you have radar you must know how to use it.
Radar is probably the most versatile of all electronic navigation aids, but the best results are only obtained when you know how to use all the functions correctly. It is not an “all seeing eye”, and can easily mislead those who do not understand its controls, allow for its limitations, or interpret its screen accurately.
COURSE FEE €250 – Currency Converter
What do you get for this?.
- Open air waterfront classroom with beautiful views across the Antiguan hillside
- Light Lunch
- Use of Fridge Freezer & Gas Cooker
- Free Wi-Fi on school premises
- All relevant RYA course notes and training materials
- RYA Certificate
- Top quality training. Read what our past clients think in our Client Reviews
Discounts / student: Not applicable to RYA Voucher Redemption.
- 5% – 2 students on the same course.
- 7.5% – 3 students on the same course.
- 10% – 4 students, or more, on the same course.
Course Content: Syllabus Details
Course Schedule: 09:00 – 17:30.
Availability: All year round but usually Fridays and Saturdays subject to prior bookings. We are confident we can offer you what you want, when you want it.
Consider our 1 or 2 day training courses that will enhance your training and make the most of your time in Antigua. Not only will you maximise the investment in your trip, you will depart with two RYA qualifications instead of one!
If you wish to include any of the following in your package please Email us for availability.
- Power Boat Level 1
- Power Boat Level 2
- Essential Navigation & Seamanship
- Sailing Skills Level 1
- Basic Skills Level 2
- Start Yachting
- SRC (VHF) Radio
- Diesel Engine Maintenance
- First Aid
Please visit Bookharbour for the following recommended pre-course study materials:
- International Regulations for the Prevention of Collision at Sea
- RYA Introduction to Radar
To assist with your planning we offer some suggestions for Accommodation and Travel
We also offer Gift Vouchers to give to family and friends.