Yachtmaster Coastal or Offshore Preparation with Exam
COURSE FEE US$1,545 – Discounts available for group bookings. See below.
Each of our RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Preparation weeks are open to both Yachtmaster Coastal and Yachtmaster Offshore candidates. We also offer a Yachtmaster Ocean Course Package for those wishing to reach the pinnacle of global skippering.
These are the levels that most students aspire to, but they can only be achieved through independent examination. As you would expect, it is a tough examination and some pre-preparation is highly recommended. A “Preparation Week” is not an official RYA course. There is no obligation to undergo one prior to examination.
Our preparation weeks target candidate’s strengths and weaknesses on the first day. Over the next 4 days, weak areas are focused on and honed to examination standard. This offers our examinees the best possible chance of success. Please see our recommended Yachtmaster Theory & Preparation Package. This provides an even better chance of success as it brings theory knowledge right to the front of the brain. Confidence with theory is equally as important as practical skills when it comes to examination.
Discounts / student:
- 5% – 2 students on the same course.
- 7.5% – 3 students on the same course.
- 10% – 4 students, or more, on the same course.
Read what our past clients think in our Client Reviews
- Intense practice and perfection of boat handling and navigation skills.
- Familiarisation with the yacht to be used for examination.
- Familiarity with your crew for the examination. Their strengths and weaknesses!
Course Schedule: 09:00 Sunday to 17:30 Thursday
Student/Instructor Ratio: 4/1 maximum allowed.
Course Fees: (see above) to include:
- On board accommodation. Add 75% supplement for private cabin when available.
- On board catering – Lunch daily.
- 1 day assessment
- 4 days of focused sail training in the warm Caribbean waters.
- Experienced debrief and advice on which level of Yachtmaster to target for examination.
- 2 days yacht charter for examination.
- Examination fees are not included as these have to be paid direct to the independent examiner.
- We may have an examiner in Antigua for your exam, however, if we have to bring one into Antigua their travel costs will be shared equally between all exam candidates