2 Day Practical Power Boat course
COURSE FEE US$535 – Discounts available for group bookings. See below.
This course teaches the necessary skills to drive a powerboat in daylight and coastal waters. Ability to Power Boat Level 1 is assumed. It offers eligibility for the International Certificate of Competence (ICC) coastal for power up to 10m.
You will learn many boat handling skills including close quarter handling, man overboard recovery, picking up a mooring buoy, high speed manoeuvres, anchoring and control of the boat in a sea. Some theory is also taught but it is assumed that you have knowledge of terminology and conduct with regard to other vessels in confined waters.
RYA minimum age 12. Candidates under 16 will be issued with an endorsed certificate.
Please Note:. There is a difference between a Power Boat and a Motor Cruiser. For simplicity a Motor Cruiser has below decks accommodation, and could also be referred to as a Cabin Cruiser. Miramar Sailing School does not offer the RYA Motor Cruising Scheme.
- 5% – 2 students on the same course.
- 7.5% – 3 students on the same course (maximum allowed).
Read what our past clients think in our Client Reviews
Course Content: Launch and recovery, preparation of boat and crew, boat handling, picking up and securing to a mooring buoy, leaving and coming alongside, being towed.
Course Schedule: 09:00 to 17:30 daily.
Ability after Course: Self-sufficient power boater in the right conditions, aware of own limitations and those of the vessel.
Course Fee includes
- Start Power Boating Course Notes
- Course Completion Photo ID Certificate
- Please enquire for ‘One on One” Tuition Fee and fees for consecutive Level 1 & Level 2 courses over 3 days.
- All year round usually Fridays and Saturdays subject to prior bookings. With 2 instructors we are confident we can offer you what you want, when you want it.
- Reserve your dates.
Consider our 1 or 2 day training courses that will enhance your training and make the most of your time in Antigua. If you wish to include any of these in your package please contact us for availability
- Essential Navigation & Seamanship
- Sailing Skills Level 1
- Basic Skills Level 2
- Start Yachting
- SRC (VHF) Radio
- Diesel Engine Maintenance
- First Aid
- International Regulations for the Prevention of Collision at Sea
- RYA Weather Handbook
- RYA Navigation Exercises