COURSE FEE: Minimum 6 Weeks US$4,995 – Discounts available for group bookings. See below.
This is generally offered as a 6 week package and is usually only available when our Yachtmaster “Xpress” courses are not fully booked. However, for crews of 2 or more we can offer this exciting adventure at other times of the year.
During the course of these 6 weeks we sail south from Antigua to reach the tidal waters of St. Vincent & The Grenadines. We then spend as much time as is necessary logging 1,250 nm tidal miles cruising around the many islands in these waters. Once we have achieved this we either take a leisurely, or intense, cruise back to Antigua. This will depend on how much time was needed to log the tidal mileage. In addition to the tidal miles, approximately 600 non tidal miles will be logged on the passages south from, and north to, Antigua.
This is a fantastic opportunity to visit, or pass by, most of the islands in The Caribbean Chain offering fantastic scenery and diverse cultures.
This package can be split into 2 by 3 week blocks subject to availability but flights to and from Grenada are not included.
Training is an essential element in sailing. To set sail with limited knowledge is both foolhardy and dangerous, to oneself and others. Experience is equally essential but that cannot be taught. It has to be gained. The only way to do this is to go sailing!
Not only is experience essential in the making of a proficient sailor, there are also the minimum mileage requirements of the RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Coastal & Yachtmaster Offshore Certificates of Competence.
These are 800 & 2,500 miles logged respectively. Both require at least 50% tidal miles logged.
Miramar Sailing offers a range of Tidal and Non Tidal Mile & Experience Building Passages to help satisfy both requirements. Passages are undertaken under the experienced supervision of one of our RYA Instructors. Every opportunity is given to get involved in every aspect of the passage including planning, provisioning, night sailing, watch keeping and skippering. Not only are valuable miles logged, but also the experience of our Instructors is imparted willingly and enthusiastically, as they guide you through the passage.
A bonus is the fantastic Caribbean sailing you will enjoy!
Please Note: Tidal miles are logged BELOW 13 degrees 10 minutes north.
Discounts / student:
- 5% – 2 students on the same course.
- 7.5% – 3 students on the same course.
- 10% – 4 students, or more, on the same course.
Read what our past clients think in our Client Reviews
Course Schedule: 09:00 Sunday – 17:30 Thursday 6 weeks later.
Course Fees: (see above) to include:
- Student Instructor ratio 4:1. RYA maximum allowed 5:1
- On board accommodation for the duration of the course. Add 75% supplement for private cabin when available.
- On board catering – Sunday lunch through Friday supper. Students may eat ashore 2 nights a week but are not obligated to do so. All meals taken ashore are for the students account.
- Practical sail training in the warm Caribbean waters with some intense offshore and night sailing around the beautiful islands of the Grenadines.
Consider our Supplementary Training Courses that enhance your training and make the most of your time in Antigua. If you wish to include any of our 1 or 2 Day Courses in your package please Contact Us
- International Regulations for the Prevention of Collision at Sea
- RYA Weather Handbook
- RYA Navigation Exercises
- Yachtmaster Handbook
- Offshore Sailing
- Usually only during our Yachtmaster “Xpress” course starting on Sundays subject to prior bookings.
- Reserve your dates.