COURSE FEE US$895 – Discounts available for group bookings. See below.
Leeward Island mile building is about visiting Antigua’s neighbours such as Nevis & Kitts, Eustatia, Saba, Barbuda, St. Barth’s and Sint Maarten. Of course, not all of these can be visited in the 5 days cruise duration but, wind permitting, we will do our best to take in as many as possible.
Training is an essential element in sailing. To set sail with limited knowledge is both foolhardy and dangerous, to oneself and others. Experience is equally essential but that cannot be taught. It has to be gained. The only way to do this is to go sailing!
Not only is experience essential in the making of a proficient sailor, there are also the minimum mileage requirements of the RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Coastal & Yachtmaster Offshore Certificates of Competence.
These are 800 & 2,500 miles logged respectively. In each case 50% of the miles can be in non tidal waters and 50% in tidal waters. We offer Tidal Mile Building in The Grenadines
Passages are available in the Caribbean under the experienced supervision of one of our RYA Instructors or professional race skippers, or in the Mediterranean as crew on one of Race Charter Partners yachts. Every opportunity is given to get involved in every aspect of the passage including planning, provisioning, night sailing, watch keeping and skippering. Not only are valuable miles logged, but also the experience of our skippers is imparted willingly and enthusiastically, as they guide you through the passage. You will enjoy some fantastic sailing wherever you sail!
Discounts / student:
- 5% – 2 students on the same course.
- 7.5% – 3 students on the same course.
- 10% – 4 students, or more, on the same course.
Read what our past clients think in our Client Reviews
Course Schedule: 09:00 Sunday – 17:30 Thursday.
Course Fees: (see above) to include:
- Student Instructor ratio 4:1. RYA maximum allowed 5:1
- On board accommodation. Add 75% supplement for private cabin when available.
- On board catering – Sunday lunch through Thursday lunch. Students may eat ashore 2 nights a week but are not obligated to do so. Meals taken ashore are for the students account.
- Practical sail training in the warm Caribbean waters with some offshore and night sailing to possibly a neighbouring island.
Consider our Supplementary Training Courses that enhance your training and make the most of your time in Antigua. If you wish to include any of our 1 or 2 Day Courses in your package please Contact Us
- International Regulations for the Prevention of Collision at Sea
- RYA Weather Handbook
- RYA Navigation Exercises
- Yachtmaster Handbook
- Offshore Sailing
- All year round Sundays to Thursdays subject to prior bookings. With 3 yachts and 3 instructors we are confident we can offer you what you want, when you want it.
- Reserve your dates.