Sailing is in the blood of Brian & Pippa, the founders and co-owners of Miramar Sailing. Both love to sail, and both love to teach others to sail.
However, they are not blinkered in their love of sailing and realise that just “getting out on the water” is what it’s all about!
They established their RYA Recognised Training Centre in 2010, offering formal, certified sail training in accordance with the RYA Sail Cruising and Yachtmaster Scheme. In 2014, they extended their RYA recognition into Power Boating, and now offer the RYA National Power Boat Scheme to Levels 1 & 2. By necessity, the structure of RYA Training Schemes is well defined and established as it should be.
Formal qualifications are not for everyone however! Some would be, and existing, “water babies” simply wish to learn the skills of boat handling, sailing, safety and seamanship, in a relaxed way, at their own pace, and often in their own environment.
At Miramar Sailing we recognise this and offer many options with our own brand of Fun Training as an alternative to our RYA Training. The most significant difference being the removal of the requirement to live on board the training vessel for the duration of a course.
To summarise, at Miramar Sailing School we offer:
RYA Recognised Training Centre
- RYA Practical Courses
- RYA Theory Courses
- RYA Power Boat level 1 and RYA Power Boat Level 2
- RYA/MCA Yachtmaster
- Own Yacht Tuition – this can be either RYA Certified or informal on your yacht
We also offer NON RYA Training
- Sailing Skills Clinics– for those who have achieved RYA qualifications that need a little refreshment due to lack of practice.
- Mile & Experience Building – all important for those pursuing the RYA Yachtmaster Coastal, Offshore or Ocean Certificates of Competence to achieve the required criteria for examination.
and finally, and somewhat inevitably thanks to Pippa!
- Girls only courses – for those who may be subject to a dominant male when sailing, and consequently lacking the confidence to develop their own skills and abilities. Or, simply, just want to get away with the girls from time to time!
Do we have the right credentials to offer all this? We most certainly do!
- Both Brian and Pippa are commercially endorsed RYA/MCA Ocean Yachtmasters.
- Brian is the Principal of the Miramar Sailing School.
- Pippa is a RYA Yachtmaster Instructor and Chief Instructor of the Miramar Sailing School.
- Our team of qualified Instructors – mostly RYA Yachtmaster Instructors – is extensive, and all will deliver the same high standards of training.
The skills and knowledge required to achieve these levels of qualification have been learned over many years of global sailing experience.
Brian, Pippa and their team are dedicated to passing these skills on to anyone who wishes to learn. Is this you?