Tel: +1 (268) 721 3456
This is a 2 day non-residential “taster” course that simply takes you sailing along Antigua’s beautiful west coastline.
On completion of this course you will have a basic knowledge and be capable of sailing a yacht in light winds as crew and helm with a skipper on board. It is assumed that every student has already mastered the practical skills and absorbed the background knowledge required for Level 1. Both courses can be combined which will then count towards 2 days of the Competent Crew course.
No previous experience is required and there is a recommended minimum age of 12.
If you have previous experience of sailing with family, friends or a holiday outing, and have already decided you have been “bitten”, you may skip Levels 1 & 2 and go straight into RYA Competent Crew and begin your sail training in earnest.
COURSE FEE US$520 – Currency Converter
What do you get for this?.
- Light Lunch daily
- All Safety Equipment to RYA standard
- On Board Fridge /Freezer
- On Board Gas Cooker
- Free Wi-Fi on school premises
- On Board Bluetooth music system
- All relevant RYA course notes and training materials
- RYA Certificate
- 2 days of sail training in the warm Caribbean waters
- Top quality training. Read what our past clients think in our Client Reviews
Discounts / student:
- 5% – 2 students on the same course.
- 7.5% – 3 students on the same course.
- 10% – 4 students, or more, on the same course.
Course Content: Syllabus Details
Course Schedule: 09:00 to 17:30 daily.
Ability after Course: Capable of crewing and operating a yacht under sail.
Availability: All year round but usually Fridays and Saturdays.
Consider our 1 or 2 day training courses that will enhance your training and make the most of your time in Antigua. Not only will you maximise the investment in your trip, you will depart with two RYA qualifications instead of one!
If you wish to include any of the following in your package please Email us for availability.
- Power Boat Level 1
- Power Boat Level 2
- Essential Navigation & Seamanship
- Start Yachting
- SRC (VHF) Radio
- Diesel Engine Maintenance
- First Aid
- International Regulations for the Prevention of Collision at Sea
- RYA Weather Handbook
- RYA Navigation Exercises
- Competent Crew