Tel: +1 (268) 721 3456
This is a 2 day non-residential “taster” course that simply takes you sailing along Antigua’s beautiful west coastline. The course provides a short introduction to sail cruising for novices. No previous experience is required and there is a recommended minimum age of 12.
This Level 1 course, when followed by the Basic Skills – Level 2 course may be carried forward to the RYA Competent Crew practical course, which would be achieved after a further 3 days or 2 weekends of training.
By the end of the course you will have a basic understanding of yacht handling under sail, including practical techniques and background knowledge. It is recommended that all participants consolidate this short introduction with the Basic Skills – Level 2 course.
If you have previous experience of sailing with family, friends or a holiday outing, and have already decided you have been “bitten”, you may skip Level 1 and Level 2 and go straight into RYA Competent Crew and begin your sail training in earnest.
COURSE FEE US$520 – Currency Converter
What do you get for this?.
- Light lunch daily
- All Safety Equipment to RYA standards
- On Board Fridge / Freezer
- On Board Gas Cooker
- Free Wi-Fi on school premises
- On Board Bluetooth music system
- All relevant RYA course notes and training materials
- RYA Certificate
- 2 days of sail training in the warm Caribbean waters
- Top quality training. Read what our past clients think in our Client Reviews
- 5% – 2 students on the same course.
- 7.5% – 3 students on the same course.
- 10% – 4 students, or more, on the same course.
Course Content: Syllabus Details
Course Schedule: 09:00 to 17:30 daily.
Ability after Course: Basic understanding of how a sailing yacht works & helming.
Availability: All year round but usually Fridays and Saturdays.
Consider our 1 or 2 day training courses that will enhance your training and make the most of your time in Antigua. Not only will you maximise the investment in your trip, you will depart with two RYA qualifications instead of one!
If you wish to include any of the following in your package please Email us for availability.
- Power Boat Level 1
- Power Boat Level 2
- Essential Navigation & Seamanship
- Basic Skills Level 2
- Start Yachting
- SRC (VHF) Radio
- Diesel Engine Maintenance
- First Aid
- International Regulations for the Prevention of Collision at Sea
- RYA Weather Handbook
- RYA Navigation Exercises
- Competent Crew