“Miramar” is a Beneteau Oceanis 400 and was specifically designed for Caribbean cruising.
She is 40’ long with a generous 13’ beam producing ample and comfortable accommodation. Her 5’ 7” draft provides good sailing whilst still being shallow enough for easy access to most bays. One could be forgiven for thinking she is just another cruising yacht. “Miramar” has a turn of speed, helm sensitivity, and windward sailing capability that make her exciting to sail whilst still conveying tremendous confidence in her stability and safety. She will carry you safely to destinations and sights you can only dream of.
She is Bermudan Sloop rigged with main and headsail roller furling and all control lines are led back to the cockpit to minimise deck work and allow relaxed, stress free sailing.
The cockpit has a large central fold down table with inset cool box for those all important cold drinks. There is spacious seating for our guests and a central aft helm position. A large bimini and spray hood provides excellent protection against sunburn and sea spray.
She has a “sugar scoop” transom with swim ladder making swimming from the stern very easy indeed. This aft platform is equipped with a fresh water shower.
Below deck she has 3 double cabins, 2 aft and 1 forward, 1 aft head and 1 forward head, both equipped with shower. This accommodation provides ample overnight comfort for her guests. The saloon is large and spacious with a central table and "L" shape seating. The linear galley, on the port side, has a large refrigerator, twin sinks, and a 2 burner gas cooker with oven. The navigation station is aft of the saloon table on the starboard side.
Her engine is a 67 bhp Perkins Sabre M65 producing a very comfortable 7.5 knot cruising speed.
Safety aboard Miramar
Safety is paramount on all Miramar Sailing yachts and “Miramar” is no exception. She is extensively equipped to USCG specifications as follows:
- 6 person offshore life raft
- 1 x full set of distress flares
- 2 x horseshoe life buoys each with automatic night-light
- 1 x telescopic Dan buoy
- Full set of life jackets with lights
- 1 x electronic position indicating radio beacon (EPIRB)
- 3 x ABC Dry Powder fire extinguishers in the saloon with 2 x automatic extinguishers dedicated to the engine room
- 1 x VHF DSC transceiver radio
- 1 x Hand held VHF Transceiver
All safety items are regularly serviced and annually inspected by the Antiguan Dept. of Marine Services and are 'in date' at all times.
Navigation aboard miramar
Navigation is also well covered with:
- 3 x GPS receivers
- 1 x wind speed and direction display
- 1 x boat speed and depth display
- Electronic chartplotter
- Appropriate passage planning and large scale paper charts
- Electro/Hydraulic Autopilot
- Waterborne activity is catered for with our 6 sets of snorkeling gear, (4 adult, 2 children) and 2 fishing rods.