Tel: +1 (268) 721 3456
Danae is a Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 40 with sleek lines, spacious cockpit and comfortable accommodation. A favourite among the charter fleets of the world. She will take you safely and comfortably wherever you want to go.
Like Miramar, she is also 40’ long with a generous beam, and sheltered cockpit. In most other areas both yachts are very similar.
The main differences are:
She is rigged with a fully battened halyard main sail.
She has 2 double cabins.
Her galley and saloon layout are completely different.
Her engine is a 55 bhp Yanmar that produces a cruising speed of 7.5 knots.
We prefer to limit her capacity to two guests and two crew for those intimate “get away from it all” holidays.
Being a Sail Training vessel in our RYA recognised Training Centre, Danae is not only subject to the rigorous RYA/MCA RGN1 Safety Guidelines, she is also subject to the Caribbean Small Commercial Vessel Code (SCV) and is inspected by both the RYA and the Antigua Department of Marine Services annually.
- Life raft: 6 person offshore (SOLAS B)
- 1 x Full Set Offshore Distress Flares
- 1 x Electronic Position Indicating Radio Beacon (EPIRB)
- 1 x VHF/DSC Radio
- 1 X Handheld VHF Radio
- Man Overboard:
- 2 x Horseshoe Buoys with automatic night lights
- 1 X Dan Buoy also with automatic light
- 1 X M.O.B Retrieval Harness
- Lifejackets: Full complement each with light, whistle and auto and manual inflation facility.
- Fire Extinguishers:
- 2 x 1kg ABC Manual Dry Powder at each cabin entrance
- 2 x ABC Automatic Dry Powder in the engine compartment
- 1 x 5kg ABC Dry Powder for the saloon
- 3 x Smoke Detectors
- Propane Gas: Automatic Low Level Sensor with auto alarm.
- Steering: Emergency Tiller
- Bilge Pumps:
- 1 x Manual hand pump
- 1 x Manually Switched electric pump
- 1 x Automatic electric pump with alarm
- 1 x Electronic GPS Chartplotter
- 1 x GPS / DSC Receiver
- 1 x Handheld GPS Receiver
- 1 x VHF / DSC Transceiver
- 1 x Handheld VHF Radio
- 2 x Wind Speed & Direction Indicators
- 2 x Depth Sounder Displays
- 1 x Electro/Hydraulic Auto Pilot
- Full set of Eastern Caribbean passage planning and large scale paper charts
- Buoyancy Aids
- Fishing Equipment
- Fresh Water Deck Shower
- Full width cockpit bimini shade
- 12 Vdc outlets
- 3 burner propane gas cooker with oven
- Engine Driven Refrigerator
- Folding Cockpit Table
- Beach BBQ Grill
- Bluetooth music system