Email: email@example.com »
Tel: +39 320 223 7822 Just call us in Italy via WhatsApp!
Miramar is a Beneteau Oceanis 400 and was specifically designed for Caribbean cruising
She is 40’ long with a generous 13’ beam producing ample and comfortable accommodation. Her 5’ 7” draft provides good sailing whilst still being shallow enough for easy access to most bays. One could be forgiven for thinking she is just another cruising yacht. “Miramar” has a turn of speed, helm sensitivity, and windward sailing capability that make her exciting to sail whilst still conveying tremendous confidence in her stability and safety. She will carry you safely to destinations and sights you can only dream of.
She is Bermudan Sloop rigged with main and headsail roller furling and all control lines are led back to the cockpit to minimise deck work and allow relaxed, stress free sailing.
The cockpit has a large central fold down table with inset cool box for those all important cold drinks. There is spacious seating for our guests and a central aft helm position. A large bimini and spray hood provides excellent protection against sunburn and sea spray.
She has a “sugar scoop” transom with swim ladder making swimming from the stern very easy indeed. This aft platform is equipped with a fresh water shower.
Below deck she has 3 double cabins, 2 aft and 1 forward, 1 aft head and 1 forward head, both equipped with shower. This accommodation provides ample overnight comfort for her guests. The saloon is large and spacious with a central table and “L” shape seating. The linear galley, on the port side, has a large refrigerator with freezer, twin sinks, and a 2 burner gas cooker with oven. The navigation station is aft of the saloon table on the starboard side.
Her engine is a 67 bhp Perkins Sabre M65 producing a very comfortable 7.5 knot cruising speed.
We prefer to limit her capacity to four guests and two crew.
Being a Sail Training vessel in our RYA recognised Training Centre, Miramar is not only subject to the rigorous RYA/MCA RGN1 Safety Guidelines, she is also subject to the Caribbean Small Commercial Vessel Code (SCV) and is inspected by both the RYA and the Antigua Department of Marine Services annually.
- Life raft: 8 person offshore (SOLAS B)
- 1 x Full Set Offshore Distress Flares
- 1 x Electronic Position Indicating Radio Beacon (EPIRB)
- 1 x VHF/DSC Radio
- 1 X Handheld VHF Radio
- Man Overboard:
- 2 x Horseshoe Buoys with automatic night lights
- 1 X Dan Buoy also with automatic light
- 1 X MOB Retrieval Harness
- Lifejackets: Full complement each with light, whistle and auto and manual inflation facility.
- Fire Extinguishers:
- 3 x 1kg ABC Manual Dry Powder at each cabin entrance
- 2 x ABC Automatic Dry Powder in the engine compartment
- 1 x 5kg ABC Dry Powder for the saloon
- 3 x Smoke Detectors
- Propane Gas: Automatic Low Level Sensor with auto alarm.
- Steering: Emergency Tiller
- Bilge Pumps:
- 1 x Manual hand pump
- 1 x Manually Switched electric pump
- 1 x Automatic electric pump with alarm
- 1 x Electronic GPS Chartplotter
- 1 x GPS / DSC Receiver
- 1 x Handheld GPS Receiver
- 1 x VHF / DSC Transceiver
- 1 x Handheld VHF Radio
- 1 x Wind Speed & Direction Indicators
- 1 x Depth Sounder Displays
- 1 x Electro/Hydraulic Auto Pilot
- Full set of Eastern Caribbean passage planning and large scale paper charts
- Buoyancy Aids
- Fishing Equipment
- Fresh Water Deck Shower
- Full width cockpit bimini shade
- Full width Spray Hood, if required
- 12 Vdc power outlets
- 2 burner propane gas cooker with oven
- 12 Vdc Fridge / Freezer
- Folding Cockpit Table
- Rail Mounted BBQ Grill
- Bluetooth music system